Pukete Water Treatment Plant
To accommodate the growth of Hamilton, the Pukete WWTP is currently in the process of being upgraded to increase its total capacity. This is by the construction of a new bio-reactor, clarifier, RAS pump station, IPS pump station and chemical facility. To complete this project Neo has partnered with Stantec to provide the electrical and control system design. This provided HCC with a complete multidiscipline team.
To accommodate all this new electrical infrastructure, Neo designed:
- A new 2500A switchboard MCC C/D for bioreactors 4,5&6, clarifiers 4,5&6, RAS PS and IPS PS
- A new switchboard and control cabinet for the chemical storage facility
- A new PLC node on the control network for MCC C/D and chemical facility
- Detailed electrical drawings for all new equipment (motor, instruments, valve, etc.)
- Detailed 3D BIM model for all cable routes
In addition, Neo interfaced with electricity network operator WEL on the installation of dual transformers from the existing MV ring main network.
Neo provided assistance during the tender and construction phases and evaluation to ensure a successful installation and project for HCC.